Connect over a good meal. Not only do people like to eat, but they also love to talk about food, and even take pictures of food. So, why not provide recipe information right there on your site to drive traffic and pique interest to stick around. Make it easy with these best free WordPress recipe plug-ins available.
- Recipe Hero – Add recipes to your WordPress site with little effort and very quickly, literally in seconds, with this clean, aesthetically appealing designed to inherit your theme style automatically, and fully responsive plug-in. Insert recipe as a custom post type, and adding a new recipe is just as easy as adding a new post. All of the details of measurements, ingredients, instructions, and how much the recipe yields, is automatically formatted. Add a recipe gallery with image lightboxes, and sorting. Allow users to check off ingredients as they use them with the ingredients check boxes. The plug-in is designed to be user-friendly for those with no coding skills, and a delight for those who want to play around with CSS to format it precisely how you desire on this Open Source GPL Project platform. Add Recipe Hero extensions, like Recipe Hero Labels for even more customization.
- Recipe Hero Labels – Once you have Recipe Hero up and running, select the Recipe Hero Labels extension. Enhance your Recipe Hero plug-in with Recipe Hero Labels to add a settings tab that allows you to customize the labels: Serves, Equipment, Prep Time, Cook Time, Cuisine, and Course.
- Recipe Hero BigOven Integration – Allow visitors to your site the ability to save recipes to their BigOven accounts. Allow users to integrate with BigOven settings that automatically adds a save button anywhere you choose to appear on the recipe page. From there, they are able to plan meals, generate interactive shopping lists, and view recipes on a PC or any mobile device with its fully responsive design. To set it up, simply insert a shortcode at the top of your page.
- WP Ultimate Recipe – The name of this plug-in probably describes it best. It offers everything a food blogger needs for offering an eye-pleasing, SEO friendly recipes on site with visitor interaction and the ability to print. Use the Template Editor to create your own design, add custom fields, automatically retrieve nutritional information, and allow users to submit their own recipes and to rate existing recipes. Show and filter recipes with an attractive recipe grid. Import EasyRecipe and Easy Recipe Plus, ReciPress, Ziplist, and FDX living cookbook recipes. Allow users to generate shopping lists and save favorite recipes. Create custom tags and index recipes using advanced features, and set up a fully integrated SEO platform using tons of share buttons.
- ZipList Recipes – Provide easy access to recipes for your visitors with no need to know code. ZipList Recipe plugin is an extension of RecipeSEO which means you easily add SEO friendly components, so visitors easily find the recipes they are searching for as well as landing on your site. The plug-in is Open Source and allows you to copy and paste ingredients, auto-populate recipe names, link to ingredients and instructions, allow users to print recipes, modify and incorporate images into the instructions, select bold and asterisk styling, and add a notes fields for optional ingredients, required kitchen gadgets, or other cooking, storing, and serving instructions.
- Yummly Rich Recipes – Draw visitors to your site while providing them with the interactive recipes they want. Boost your rankings in search engines with the SEO friendly features. The Yummly Rich Recipes plugin works hand-in-hand with the ZipList Recipe plugin to provide more features your site visitors are looking for, especially if you are a food blogger. Include a summary section with multiple paragraph support and improved printing options. Add URLs and copyright statements, and a notes field as well as beautiful, mouth-watering images on the step-by-step instructions.
- RecipePress reloaded – This easy-to-use and a breeze to set-up plug-in are designed to be simple and run smoothly on any platform, making it a dream plug-in choice for food bloggers. It automatically provides recipe previews your visitors are looking to see when they perform a Google search. The RecipePress reloaded plug-in allows you to post recipes as if they were a stand-alone blog post, or include recipes in everyday posts and pages. Organize recipes by categories, cuisines, courses, or seasonal foods. Set it up without knowing the code and without having to feel like it’s a chore with too many choices to click. Display nutritional information, user comments, pingbacks, and of course amazing photos.
- Recipes by Simmer – Use this plug-in when you want an intuitive User Interface with drag and drop that allows you to add ingredients, follow step-by-step instructions, view sub-headings, bulk-add ingredients, and instructions as blocks of text, work with any social sharing tools, create custom recipe card themes and stylings, display widgets with recipe categories, authors, and serving sizes, embed recipes anywhere in your posts or pages with a featured thumbnail, front-end recipe printing, and structured cook times. This lightweight, easy-to-use plug-in automatically provides semantic structure and schema microdata into every published recipe, so recipes are pleasantly viewed using any platform – desktop, laptop or mobile. It is an Open Source plug-in with localization in multiple languages and offers several add-on options.
- SEO, Nutrition and Print for Recipes by Edamam – Get the format you need along with the Google search engine boost you’re looking for to drive visitors to your site. Format a recipe with the plug-in, and then it is immediately distributed to be searchable on the Edamam’s site making it easy to use with any mobile or desktop platform. Features include automatic calorie and nutrition calculation for each recipe along with fast and easy formatting with built-in SEO and print.
- Chicory Recipe Ingredients – Become a part of the Chicory community that connects and promotes food bloggers. Monetize the recipes on your blog, and connect your featured recipes directly to Amazon grocery or other online grocers with a display button beneath the list of ingredients. Gather important insights that show how engaged site visitors are, how the display button is working, information on food trends, and other helpful information you need to better understand what your users want.
Whether you’re a food blogger or just want to drive traffic to your site by providing connections to recipes, these plug-ins make it easy. Make recipe information available and just a click away for all of your site visitors.